His Majesty's Lord-
Lieutenant of Cheshire
Lady Redmond MBE (Alexis) came into office as Lord-Lieutenant of Cheshire on 25 August 2021. She is a chartered accountant and spent several years in the accountancy profession before establishing, with her husband Phil, one of the largest independent television drama production companies in the UK.
She has held many senior non-executive, governor and trustee positions including National Museums Liverpool, Riverside Housing Association, Liverpool John Moores University and Alder Hey Hospital NHS Children’s Charitable Trust. She continues to support many charitable and not for profit organisations.
In 2003 she was made a Fellow of John Moores University, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and was awarded her MBE in 2011 for services to the community. Alexis held the office of High Sheriff of Cheshire during 2018/19.
Duties of a Lord-Lieutenant
The main roles of the post of Lord-Lieutenant are:
- Making the arrangements for, and escorting, members of the Royal Family during their engagements in Cheshire
- Representing His Majesty The King in presenting certain Honours, medals and awards and in carrying out a variety of duties locally connected with the Armed Forces
- Encouraging local nominations for Honours, for The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, The Queen’s Award for Enterprise and invitations to the Buckingham Palace Garden Parties
- Leading the local Magistracy as Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Justices of the Peace
- Supporting and promoting a wide range of local voluntary civic and social activity and supporting local businesses.